Protect yourself from online threats
- Use strong, unique passwords and change your password if you believe it may have been compromised.
- Adopt two-factor authentication for your important accounts to add an extra layer of security. Macquarie Authenticator?is our mobile security app which utilises actionable push notifications to verify account activity.
- Install an anti-virus software and keep it updated to reduce the likelihood of being impacted by malware.
- Regularly back up your computer and devices.
- Think before you share information on social media, especially personal information such as the address of your new house in a photo.
- Be aware of phishing emails and don’t click on them.
Protect yourself from phone scams
- You may receive scam calls even if you have a private number or are registered on the Australian Government’s Do Not Call Register.
- Never disclose your personal information, financial account or online account details over the phone unless you made the call and got the number from a reliable source.?